Saturday, May 8, 2021

To Kill A Year - Poetry by Olivia Davies

 From the 5/6/2021 newsletter


Poetry by Olivia Davies



To Kill A Year

I wish I could show you in news clips
The loud clang of the beginning,
The silent empty of the middle,
The painful drone of the end

I wish I could show you in pictures the loss, 
But it was hidden behind, between, below
masks

the most deafening silence
the most provocative noise

I wish I’d never have to show you at all.





Olivia Davies is a graduating 4th year medical student who will be starting her residency training at Massachusetts General Hospital this summer. Her poem, To Kill A Year, will be featured in the upcoming edition of MCW’s Auscult: A Literary and Arts Journal.

Ms. Davies is an Associate Editor of The Transformational Times

No comments:

Post a Comment